[erlang-questions] About Erlang system performance

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Fri Nov 9 21:12:25 CET 2012

I think the accepted answer is that if HiPE was normally used in production, it would be the default compilation mode for the Erlang VM (and OTP).  Since HiPE is not the default, and its internals are not documented, perhaps it is just to be regarded as an experimental feature that may change in the future.