[erlang-questions] [ANN] Elixir v0.5.0 released

José Valim jose.valim@REDACTED
Mon May 28 13:01:05 CEST 2012

Hello everyone,

Some people on other forums found Elixir's moto, "Modern approach to
programming for the Erlang VM", a bit offensive.

The moto is meant to refer to the support for macros & meta-programming,
primary syntax for associative data structures, protocols and other
features. There are many discussions on this mailing list about how to
bring some of these features to Erlang, like erl2 posted by Joe Armstrong,
the frames proposal, improving parse transformations and so forth. It was
never meant to denigrate Erlang at all, since Erlang assets are Elixir
assets as well.

That said, if someone was offended by the moto, I apologize. If those
working directly on Erlang and OTP are not pleased by it, please let me
know and I will do my best to come up with something different.

Have a great week!

*
José Valim
www.plataformatec.com.br