[erlang-questions] Erlang suitability

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Fri May 18 13:22:06 CEST 2012

On 18 May 2012, at 12:27, Gleb Peregud wrote:

> This is mostly guaranteed by Mnesia, but it is sensitive to start/stop
> order. I.e. the last node to stop has to be the first node to start
> (in most cases this is not necessary, but it is the case if whole
> cluster crashed). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It doesn't have to be the first to start, but the other nodes will wait
for it to appear. That is, all nodes that share replicas with that node,
since they cannot know the status of that replica until it comes back
on-line.

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com