[erlang-questions] implementing Forex Trader in Erlang

Ilyushonak Barys Barys_Ilyushonak@REDACTED
Fri May 18 08:05:09 CEST 2012

It looks likes that this guys use Erlang  only for messaging middleware. The server components, which connected to exchanges, are implemented in c++.

From: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED [mailto:erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED] On Behalf Of Michael Truog
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 2:05 AM
To: Shahrdad Shadab
Cc: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] implementing Forex Trader in Erlang

Here is the architecture of something similar:
http://www.connamara.com/solutions-hftframework.html

On 05/17/2012 09:19 AM, Shahrdad Shadab wrote:
Hi Erlangers

 I have to implement a foreign exchange trader software for a financial firm.
They need fast response and high availability. They also need parallel real time feed from multiple brokers.
As I did my preliminary investigations,It seems most of the tools on the field are implemented in Microsoft technologies like .net or com/OLE.
I believe (although I might be wrong) the broker servers are DDE servers.
I decided to use Erlang/otp. Does anyone know if something like this has done before in Erlang.
Also I appreciate any guidance on how to get feed from trader servers.

Thanks a lot
Best regards
Shahrdad

--
Software Architect & Computer Scientist

The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf idential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the original intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and delete it from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation. Troika Dialog, Russia.
If you need assistance please contact our Contact Center  (+7495) 258 0500 or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp