[erlang-questions] secure use of cookies in an erlang application

Wes James comptekki@REDACTED
Tue May 15 20:03:50 CEST 2012

I'm using cowboy for an application and I'm setting a simple cookie with an
expire to log users out after a certain time.  Using a simple cookie seams
like it is not secure, though.  As someone could read the code and set the
cookie in their browser and then get access to the site, right?  Are there
any examples of securely using cookies in cowboy or some other erlang
app/framework that shows how cookies are used?  I guess some random time
based cookie might work better.

Thanks,

Wes