[erlang-questions] Dialyzer, Callback info about the behaviour is not available

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta@REDACTED
Mon May 14 17:47:42 CEST 2012

Sorry for raising and old topic, but...

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 10:08:43PM +0100, Magnus Klaar wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We created a development branch for adding this information to this, and
> other behaviors and came to the same conclusion, we'd have to drop R14
> support, something which we cannot do when we know that there are users who
> still haven't upgraded their production environments to R15. It was a
> rather negative surprise to see the build fail after having put great care
> into making sure the -callback specifications were accurate. ;)

Hm, do you still have that development branch so I can check my code
with dialyzer for my own sake?

> Since we're on the subject, is there currently a good way to add
> specifications for optional callback functions?

If it causes compile failure on <R15B (if I understood it correctly from
this thread), maybe it would be possible to wrap -callback
specifications with Erlang version macros?

This way R15B dialyzer users would be happy, and R14B and below would
not be forced to upgrade.

Regards,
Motiejus