[erlang-questions] windows

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Sun May 13 21:47:03 CEST 2012

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Tony Rogvall wrote:
> Dear erlang-ers.
>
> Is there anyone on this list that do develop on windows ?

All Windows support in rebar is from contributors using rebar on
Windows. I remember it's being used for building drivers plus reltool
and appup support.

> rebar is nearly working on cygwin but there is some path problem
> that result in "access denied".

Can you file a ticket or mail the rebar list with more info?

> Is rebar supposed to be working with cygwin/mingw ?

>From what I recall it's being used in cygwin, mingw, and plain Windows
with various shells.

> BTW
> I will NOT install Visual Studio XYZ :-)

There is nothing depending on msvc in rebar's native code plugin. All
of it is configurable via rebar.config and environment variables.

Please see
1. {port_env, []} in rebar.config.sample
2. default_env/0 in rebar_port_compiler.erl