[erlang-questions] dumping schema on a ram node

Francesco Mazzoli francesco@REDACTED
Thu May 10 15:05:00 CEST 2012

Well, if I understand correctly dump_tables will write the content of
the tables somewhere that will be read when the ram node is restarted,
so I was hoping for something similar to exist.

Francesco.

On 10/05/12 12:49, Dan Gudmundsson wrote:
> If the schema is not on disc, mnesia never reads the disc at all.
>
> Thus dump_tables will not have any effect either.
>
> Create a backup and restore is your only option.
>
> /Dan
>
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Francesco Mazzoli
> <francesco@REDACTED>  wrote:
>> OK, I think I have misunderstood the condition for dump_tables to work: "To
>> dump the tables to disc all replicas must have the storage type
>> ram_copies.". In this case then the check for schema makes sense since there
>> must be one disc copy of the schema.
>>
>> Then my question changes to: is it possible to dump the schema of a ram node
>> somewhere so that it will be recovered my mnesia when the node gets
>> restarted?
>>
>> Francesco.
>>
>> On 10/05/12 11:57, Francesco Mazzoli wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> For some reason, `mnesia:dump_tables/1' refuses to dump the schema
>>> table:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/maint/lib/mnesia/src/mnesia_schema.erl#L2797
>>> .
>>>
>>> 1) Why is this the case?