[erlang-questions] foldl vs foldr and ++

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Thu May 10 10:26:14 CEST 2012

The documentation is referring to the *implementation* of the foldl/foldr functions, foldl uses a tail-recursive function while foldr cannot do that. The difference in speed comes from what you do inside the fold function. As others have pointed out the efficiency of ++ depends solely on its left argument.

Robert