[erlang-questions] Is there a good source for documentation on BEAM?

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner@REDACTED
Thu May 10 08:22:38 CEST 2012

"As for what I see would cause a slowdown: the attention of the key
hackers would be spent on writing this
documentation (and then maintaining it, I assume)."

Perhaps better: volunteers could document it (on a relatively
controlled wiki, for example). Then the "key hackers" could mention
any needed corrections.

As for maintenance, you say yourself (in a later e-mail) that you can
only remember significant changes happening twice. Documenting such
infrequent changes doesn't exactly sound like some grinding daily
burden for already-overworked Ericsson programmers. If they have to
propose these changes in writing anyway (at least in internal e-mail),
sounds like most of the documentation work gets done before the
changes are made.

-michael turner