[erlang-questions] Multiple embedded Yaws instances

Arjan Hakkesteegt arjan@REDACTED
Tue May 8 20:49:18 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to setup a Common Test mock layer around my SUT (System
Under Test). Both the SUT and CT should start an embedded Yaws instance
because both should both act as client and as server for SOAP.
Client(SUT) -> Server(CT)
Server(SUT) <- Client(CT)

However, it appears that it is not possible to run more than 1 embedded
Yaws within a VM? When starting the second instance I get
already_started errors from the supervisor. I tried to modify the
ChildSpecs returned by yaws_api:embedded_start_conf/4 to append the Yaws
instance Id to the supervisor child Ids, but still get the
already_started errors. I tried it like this:
    [{yaws_log_myid,
     {yaws_log,start_link,[]},
     permanent,5000,worker,
     [yaws_log]},
     {yaws_server_myid,
     ...}]

I've used multiple SConfs within a single embedded Yaws instance before,
but I don't think that this is an option here as my SUT and the CT suite
are completely separate applications and the SUT should be seen as a
blackbox.

I guess it could be an option to start the SUT in its own Erlang VM, but
how would I start and stop this VM from the Common Test one (from
init_per_suite/end_per_suite)?

Any solutions to this problem? Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Arjan