[erlang-questions] beginner: Is there an alternative to net_adm:ping/1 before global:sync/0

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Mon May 7 22:56:58 CEST 2012

On 7 May 2012 20:04, Richard Carlsson <carlsson.richard@REDACTED> wrote:
> On 2012-05-07 16:49, Bengt Kleberg wrote:
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Before I do a global:sync/0 I have a net_adm:ping/1 to the node that has
>> the global process. Are there any alternatives to net_adm:ping/1?
>

> How about net_kernel:connect_node/1?

What's wrong with net_adm:ping/1 just out of interest? Are you trying
to avoid the long delay before it times out if epmd is not running on
that node? If so you could try to gen_tcp connect to epmd on the right
IP+port to ensure that it's running before you attempt to you
net_kernel:connect_node/1.