[erlang-questions] Is there a good source for documentation on BEAM?

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner@REDACTED
Mon May 7 16:48:14 CEST 2012

> On 7 mai 2012, at 13:47, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
>
>> I think it works like this:
>>
>>    1) first you don't understand how the X works (X=Beam, JVM, X11,
>> ... you name it)
>>    2) You struggle - and think -  google and have a hot bath
>>    3) Eureka - bath flows over

3.1) Because you're Archimedes, you have a very bright slave-boy
scribe. You explain it to him exultantly ...

3.2) ... then again in puzzlement over *his* puzzlement ....

3.3) ... then yet again in profound irritation over his obtuseness.

3.4) He finally gets it. But then he points out a subtle error in your
reasoning, one that had been tripping him up in his understanding.

3.5) You have him flogged for his impertinence.

3.6) He copy-edits and publishes the manuscript under your name. But
he also embezzles 10% of your book royalties to repatriate to his
war-widowed mother who is still living in the city-state that your
city-state conquered, resulting in his slavery.

We now return you to our regularly-scheduled historical narrative ....

-michael turner