[erlang-questions] Questions about ETS locking

skyman cloudzen@REDACTED
Sat May 5 11:18:02 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I know when access an ETS table, there are wo locks that need to be taken.
1) A lock to access the meta table, to convert the numeric table identifier
to a pointer to the actual table.

2) The lock for the table itself (either a read or write lock).
I know in the SMP mode,an ETS table must be locked when access it, but I don't make sure that must an ETS table be locked in the non-SMP mode(only one scheduler)?
Another question is, whether the default ETS table locking is on table-level or on record-level?
Thanks in advance!