[erlang-questions] Erlang and FIX protocol

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Thu May 3 16:55:48 CEST 2012

While creating fix_parser I tried to solve following problem: create
parser that creates records, ready to use in business code so that I
don't have to add intermediate layer, that translate decoded field to
some structure.

This is why I have defined records for all kinds of FIX messages.

But there are two ways of handling messages:
1) split by SOH and fill record fields in big lists:foldl
2) go one by one and fill record by pattern matching of binary in
function clause.

I think that I'll change a bit parsing code so that it should be:
1) non tail-recursive. How many fields can be in a message? I think no
more than 100-200?
2) switch to threaded way of parsing
3) precreate mapping of field names to record indexes so that it may
be unified parsing function for all records.

I think that going on C level is too early =))