[erlang-questions] New draft of frames proposal (was Re: Frames proposal)

Hynek Vychodil hynek@REDACTED
Thu May 3 15:14:13 CEST 2012

If I understand ROK right, the main problem which worries him is code like this

{
  quix
    % some comment or some more code
  , <{ a:1
    % some comment or some more code
    , foo:bar(Ugh)
    , baz:quux(Eh)
    % some comment or some more code
  }>
    % some comment or some more code
  , [ ...]
    % some comment or some more code
}

When you see code snippet/line with foo:bar(Ugh) you have to very
carefully scan surrounding code when you are willing to know what the
hell is going on and above example is relatively pretty formatted and
indented. It can be far worse in real world application and with
little bit more levels as

{ok, <{ foo:{bar, baz, <{foo:bar(Ugh), baz:quux(Eh)}>, foo:bar(Och)}, a:2 }>}

Good luck with this syntax.