[erlang-questions] Fear and Loathing in Programming La La Land

David Goehrig dave@REDACTED
Fri Mar 30 23:04:23 CEST 2012

 "exposing incompletely initialised objects"

Which is why in a functional language with partial application, any constructor w/ parameters is kinda silly.  Sometimes I really want a partially initialized object to clone.

I've been playing around with an OO approach to Erlang, where each process is a bare loop and all state/capabilities are injected at runtime via messaging.  With a prototype model  it turns out partial initialization is a big win, as it allows for incremental differentiation.

Dave

-=-=- dave@REDACTED -=-=-