[erlang-questions] [ANN] Brim - HTML templating library

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Sun Mar 18 22:39:01 CET 2012

On 16/03/2012, at 6:41 PM, Michael Turner wrote:

> Richard, I wouldn't consider autocompletion "programming by example",

The book "Watch What I Do : Programming by Demonstration" does.
http://acypher.com/wwid/
Ian Witten's Predictive Calculator (chapter 3) is basically an
autocompleter.

In the introduction to the successor volume, "Your Wish is my
Command", Henry Lieberman wrote
"But it also makes sense to view more conventional user-programming facilities,
such as so-called "interface builders", macros and scripting systems as
the "poor man's Programming by Example".
http://web.media.mit.edu/~lieber/Your-Wish-Intro.html
Ben Shneiderman's foreword makes it clear that a tool he built that
"enabled users to record and view their actions, and then store and replay
macros" was conceived as part of Programming by Example.