[erlang-questions] Erlang is the best choice for building commercial application servers

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Thu Mar 15 04:31:04 CET 2012

[about Turbo Boost]

Sadly, the graphical Turbo Boost monitor from Intel is only available
for Windows.  Well, OK, I have Windows on the laptop as well.  But no,
it's only available for Windows 7, and I have Vista.  Oh the misery.

However, the speed effect is indeed clearly visible, which is why my
test programs do 6000,6000,20000,20000,1000000,1000000 runs, for both
languages.

This is of course another reason why micro-benchmarks of this kind tell
us very little.  Even using the performance counters to count cycles (I
*do* like the 'ptime' command in Solaris) is problematic, because cores
and memories no longer have a fixed speed relationship.