[erlang-questions] support for .ez archives

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Tue Mar 6 13:20:43 CET 2012

On 6 Mar 2012, at 13:02, Kenneth Lundin wrote:

> There is no timeline and it is even questionable if it should ever work. What is the argument
> for having the include files inside the archive?

I ran into this problem, and made an "OTP patch" for it:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.erlang.general/52060

(Don't think I ever submitted it as a patch, since Håkan and I disagreed on some of the implementation details).

I wrote: "The idea (see http://github.com/esl/run_eqc) was that it should be possible to deliver an application as a single archive, supporting command-line operations, interactive code loading, and compilation including hrl files, parse_transforms etc., without having to unpack the archive."

Philip Stanhope wrote: "Very cool. I can see how this will make deployments very easy."

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.erlang.general/52061

Dizzy writes: "+1 on this feature -- it opens some very interesting doors."