[erlang-questions] Loading Object Code Contained in a Binary

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Mon Jul 23 07:40:14 CEST 2012

I am dynamically contructing abstract forms representing modules
and loading them into the code server using code:load_binary/3.

I find that if I load a new version of the module multiple times
code:load_binary/3 does not complain about previous versions not
being purged.  If I use erlang:load_module/2 it does complain.
The documentation warns that this BIF is intended for the code
servers and should not be used elsewhere.

What kind of trouble am I likely to get into doing this?

Should I use erlang:load_module/2 instead of  code:load_binary/3?

--
	-Vance