[erlang-questions] Mochiwebsockets was Re: Long polling

Gleb Peregud gleber.p@REDACTED
Fri Jul 20 09:36:47 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:
>> Because many browsers doesn't support websockets and because streaming
>> transports (xhrstreaming, htmlfile streaming, eventsource streaming,
>> etc.) have better latency than long polling trasnport.
>
> Probably different depending on the location, but I've observed personally
> that browsers not able to do websockets were the minority. We have around
> 70% of webkit/gecko, it's only really IE that could use improved latency.
> What's the best solution for IE? I could add it to Bullet.

Take a look at here for the best available transports per browser
(cross domain):
https://github.com/sockjs/sockjs-client#supported-transports-by-browser-html-served-from-http-or-https

> You don't need cross-domain though,

Gordon didn't mention if he needs it or not, so I'm presenting the
most general information on the topic.

> you can just include the files from
> anywhere and use $.bullet(url) inside your page. Or event mylib(url) which
> subsequently calls bullet. The only requirement is that the origin comes
> from the same domain.

It's worth noting on Bullet's web page that it assumes single domain
setup in general.