[erlang-questions] UDP sockets and gen_server are hypocritical and it makes me mad

Erik Søe Sørensen eriksoe@REDACTED
Wed Jul 18 14:50:09 CEST 2012

A shot from the hip: are these servers by any chance running on a
virtualized machine?
I've on two different occasions had problems with a bug in VMWare which
causes the high-resolution timer to return bad values, very very rarely but
also very confusing for timers.