[erlang-questions] Ling: Erlang over Xen, no OS required

Viktor Sovietov victor.sovetov@REDACTED
Sun Jul 15 22:31:24 CEST 2012

On 14 Лип, 00:08, fr...@REDACTED wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 12:30:41AM -0700, Viktor Sovietov wrote:
> > Ling is highly compatible (with R15B) Erlang VM that is capable to run
> > over bare virtual iron on Xen hypervisor without the need in
> > underlying operating system.
>
> > Learn more on :http://erlangonxen.org/
>
> Interesting -- it's looking like it's not a port of BEAM? Is source code

You're correct, it's different VM developed from the scratch.

> available somewhere?

We didn't publish sources yet for number of reasons - the business
model of this product isn't defined yet, VM itself is under heavy
development, it's quite specific piece of code which requires deep
knowledge of BEAM, etc, etc, etc.

> How do you handle TCP/IP networking + persistent
> storage without an OS?

It had been done through 9P client in VM and re-export server in dom0
that shares filesystems and network access for Ling instances.