[erlang-questions] Erlang and bbcode

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Thu Jul 12 10:45:41 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Marc Worrell <marc@REDACTED> wrote:

> On 12 jul. 2012, at 10:02, Loïc Hoguin wrote:
>> You're of course right about all this, there's no point in implementing BBCode, HTML works out just fine, we just need an HTML filtering library, perhaps something akin to HTML Purifier (http://htmlpurifier.org/).
>
> Actually in Zotonic we have a HTML sanitizer, based on MochiWeb's HTML parser.
> Maybe we need to split some utils in their own repositories.

That sounds like a very good idea. It would also be nice to see a move toward
simplified HTML that is correct and validated. The trend has been towards
more complexity HTML5 is a monster - it has a lot of wonderful things
but is still a monster.

I'd like to see tiny html

    <tiny_html>
       <h1>Why tidy</h1>
    </tiny_html>

You can get a long way with just <h1> <p> and character entities.

The above satisfies 50% of my markup need for text :-)

/Joe