[erlang-questions] embedding elixir in erlang code

José Valim jose.valim@REDACTED
Thu Jul 12 09:51:39 CEST 2012

Hello Benoit,

If you are using rebar, you should be able to use master as a dependency:

https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir.git

After using it as a dependency, since Elixir follows a similar structure to
OTP, you will need to choose which apps you want to load, there are some
instructions inside the rebar.config file:

https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/blob/master/rebar.config

Then you can install Elixir's rebar plugin:

https://github.com/yrashk/rebar_elixir_plugin

And be able to compile and use Elixir files normally with your rebar
workflow.

If you are not using rebar, I believe the easiest approach is to clone
elixir, run "make" and add the lib directory to ERL_LIBS.

I will work on documenting this process and also on adding a readme to
rebar_elixir_plugin with the available configuration options. Please let me
know if you have any questions or ask away on #elixir-lang.

*
José Valim
www.plataformatec.com.br
Founder and Lead Developer