[erlang-questions] Removing mnesia cluster node while mnesia is offline

Francesco Mazzoli f@REDACTED
Tue Jul 3 13:18:47 CEST 2012

Hi Rudolph, thanks for the answer.

At Tue, 03 Jul 2012 12:01:34 +0100,
Rudolph van Graan wrote:
> I would suggest that you think differently about the
> problem. Instead of trying to 'remove' the node from the schema
> (which requires you to modify it and all the nodes must be online),
> think that the offline node that is destroyed. So in this case,
> delete the mnesia data on the failed node (all the files in the
> mnesia data directory) and bring it back online. Or alternative,
> start a clean instance with the same node name as the failed node.

Well, that will surely work, but it's not an attractive option, since
it will lead to loss of data (the local tables) on that node. I was
looking for a way to retain the local data on the offline node.

--
Francesco * Often in error, never in doubt