[erlang-questions] gproc : 2 nodes out of sync behaviour.

Garret Smith garret.smith@REDACTED
Mon Jul 2 16:31:46 CEST 2012

Regarding the gen_leader fork above, it does have basic support for
netsplit situations merged from Andrew Thompson's (of Basho) fork.  There
has not been any rigorous model checking that I'm aware of.  My own testing
has shown that it basically works, with 2 caveats (so far): 1) the process
is periodically unavailable for a few seconds at a time doing election
related things (even on stable networks), so frequent requests like "who is
the leader" can sometimes take a while, 2) if 2 gen_leader instances are
started during a netsplit, they will eventually deadlock.  I'm hoping to
take a look at these issues over the next few weeks.

-Garret Smith