[erlang-questions] Slow when using chained gen_server:call's, redesign or optimize?

Gianfranco Alongi gianfranco.alongi@REDACTED
Sat Jan 28 09:09:20 CET 2012

Could you put common memory-related operations into one single gen_server?
Does this need to be gen_server at all?

You could use the synchronized serialization to generate push-back
behaviour from your system,
so that you do not handle a new request before it's possible - maybe
you are already doing this,
or not.

If you really want to find the bottlenecks, you could try with fprof
http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/fprof.html

/G