[erlang-questions] Ability to add app directories explicitly for reltool

Dmitry Demeshchuk demeshchuk@REDACTED
Sat Jan 14 11:10:04 CET 2012

Found another interesting problem with the approach we are discussing.

Say, I have a folder where all my projects reside:

projects/
    my_work_project/
    my_home_project/
    my_work_lib/
    my_home_lib/
    opensource_lib/

So, work project requires work lib and opensource lib, and home
project requires home lib and opensource lib:

projects/
    my_work_project/
        deps/
            my_work_lib/
            opensource_lib/
    my_home_project/
         deps/
            my_home_lib/
            opensource_lib/
    my_work_lib/
    my_home_lib/
    opensource_lib/

Now if I setup reltool.config, say, for the work project, like this:

{lib_dirs, ["projects/my_work_project/deps", "projects"]}.

during release package generation reltool will tell me:

{"init terminating in do_boot","my_work_lib: Application version
clash. Multiple directories contains version \"1.0\"."}

Because my_work_lib resides both in deps/ folder (cloned there by
rebar) and projects/ folder where I work on it.
And I will get the same error for opensource_lib.

The only workaround I see is to compile my_work_lib and opensource_lib
that reside in projects/ and manually remove them from deps/. This
way, they will reside in only one place and won't cause conflicts.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Demeshchuk