[erlang-questions] Regd: Erlang

Michal Niec michal.niec@REDACTED
Thu Jan 12 13:51:04 CET 2012

Hi Preeti,

When you tried to install the esl-erlang_15.b-1_amd64.deb package, the error message stated you have missing dependencies.
In the message you have all the package names. You can install them by calling (sudo) apt-get install -f, this will repair all required dependencies and finish installation.

Some notes:
If you are executing the dpkg command as a simple user, use sudo dpkg -i esl-erlang_15.b-1_amd64.deb
The package you downloaded was generated and tested on Ubuntu 11.04. If we don't have the correct OS version you would like to use, you can always ask us to generate it. We are already planning to add Ubuntu 11.10 to our OS list.
Even if the dpkg command has --force-depends flag but it is not recommended to use it.

Best Regards,
Michał Nieć