[erlang-questions] Performance issue with snmp

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Tue Jan 10 23:28:03 CET 2012

Hi,

I am sorry not been able to comment Erlang side of snmp but I had exactly the same issue with snmp in other runtime. There was two performance bottleneckes
1. within the interface to snmp protocol
2. the way how application issues GET request (two much of rtts)

The best option for me was bulk get requests for desired sub tree(s) and then I run client side filtering and post processing.

If you think that in your case root cause is issue #1 then I would advise to sniff snmp traffic to validate it.

Dmitry