[erlang-questions] starting a window process from erlang

Daniel Goertzen daniel.goertzen@REDACTED
Mon Jan 9 15:52:08 CET 2012

 $ erl -my_app

This does not launch an application; this form would be used for passing
parameters to an application, for example:

$ erl -my_app param1 123

To start you app, try...

$ erl -s application start my_app

Also, escript might be more suitable for what it appears you are trying to
do.

Cheers,
Dan.