[erlang-questions] Type specs unavailable in code compiled from core erlang?

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Thu Jan 5 01:57:20 CET 2012

On 3 January 2012 22:36, Eric B Merritt <ericbmerritt@REDACTED> wrote:

> This may argue for something Kenneth suggested back in may, that is
> keeping spec and types in their own dedicated chunk that does not
> disappear with the absence of debug information.

Well +1 for keeping the types/specs *somewhere* in the beam regardless of
debug_info for sure. Personally I favour the idea that types/specs should
be present all the time, as they make up part of its public API. IIRC in
the previous thread someone had mentioned the abstract_code parse
transform, which is nice and all but I think this should be just happen and
the information should be available at runtime as proper module attributes.

How are record member/element types handled in the abstract code?