[erlang-questions] Efficient Denial of Service Attacks on Web Application Platforms and it's effects in Erlang?

Heinz N. Gies heinz@REDACTED
Tue Jan 3 07:58:17 CET 2012

Please correct me if I am wrong, I might have misunderstood something entirely.

* All listed Servers use Prop Lists.
* Prop Lists are liked lists with the elements having the form {key, value}.
* The demonstrated DoS Attack on the Hash tables causes hash tables (usually having a very fast lookup time) to act like linked lists / arrays.

Doesn't that lead to the conclusion that all listed servers are vulnerable to a even simpler version of the attack since no collisions need to be crafted?

Regards,
Heinz
--
Heinz N. Gies