[erlang-questions] Should I use arrays to optimize?

Richard Evans richardprideauxevans@REDACTED
Wed Feb 29 16:13:47 CET 2012

I need to store a list of records. Sometimes I need to update the nth
member in that list. Each record is quite large (hundreds of bytes). I have
hundreds of such records.

I am currently using an erlang list and using lists:keyreplace to update
the nth member in the list. But this gets slow as the list gets larger, so
I want to optimize and use something which overwrites rather than copies.

Should I use the array module for this? If not, what do you recommend?

thanks,
Richard