[erlang-questions] ANNOUNCE: adapter_pattern for mochiweb/cowboy/misult and scripting language

Fredrik Svahn fredrik.svahn@REDACTED
Mon Feb 20 19:51:20 CET 2012

> To me, the most natural Erlang representation of a DOM object is the
> same as for any "object": it's an Erlang process. Now, I can't have an
> Erlang process in the browser itself (unless someone writes a web
> browser in Erlang, or implements Erlang in the browser[*]). But I
> *can* have Erlang processes on the server side, to interrogate and
> update page state as if its corresponding DOM objects were all Erlang
> processes.

Actually, in the version of browserl[1] I checked in a week ago, a DOM
object is a (pseudo-)process. At one point it was even possible to
send messages to it (e.g. to request an update) but that doesn't work
any longer. I might revisit the idea later if/when I get the time.

BR /F
[1] http://svahne.github.com/browserl/