[erlang-questions] how to debug distribution protocol issues?

mabrek mabrek@REDACTED
Sun Feb 19 14:53:24 CET 2012

Hello.

I've got erlang process linked to jinterface mailbox. When jinterface
mailbox terminates erlang process trace shows getting_unlinked and no
'EXIT' message. It's a simplified version of process leak that I'm
trying to debug.

dbg:p(Pid, [m, p]) wasn't very helpful, it shows getting_unlinked, but
there is no unlink/1 call neither on erlang nor on jinterface side.

packet dump gathered via tcpdump may contain something interesting,
but I can't find any tools to decode distribution protocol messages
from binary to human readable form (wireshark has support only for
epmd conversations).

What is the best strategy/tools to use when debugging such kind of situations?

Regards,
Anton Lebedevich.