[erlang-questions] HTTP clients

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Sun Feb 19 00:56:11 CET 2012

httpc is perfectly fine for most applications - Max had a slightly
more demanding use case than is usual for a generic http client and
clearly it made sense for him to do something specific in that area.

I've used ibrowse in situations where I'm stuck behind a corporate
proxy and inets won't upgrade the socket to ssl, making it impossible
to access https urls. This was mentioned on the list and I'm pretty
sure it's on the 'TODO' list for the otp team to fix. Apart from that,
httpc has never let me down and the scenarios where I'm using ibrowse
are very lightweight, so I can't comment on its utility very broadly.