[erlang-questions] HTTP clients

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Sat Feb 18 21:26:08 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Tristan Sloughter
<tristan.sloughter@REDACTED> wrote:
> Now to http clients instead of servers :)
>
> Over the years I've bounced between httpc, lhttpc and ibrowse (I think
> that's all...) and was wondering what opinions people had on the 3 and which
> are still developed and used in production.
>
> It seems ibrowse has the most features and most development going on.
>
> Though examples are lacking for all of them... So on a side note if anyone
> has an example of posting form data with ibrowse that would be much
> appreciated.

If I just need to grab a file, I'll call out to curl :)

It'd be nice to have a solid httpc module in the core. It *seems* that
httpc is close, but every now and then you'll spot some odd, hard to
reproduce buggy behavior. For me that was a while ago -- it may have
seen some improvements lately.

Garrett