[erlang-questions] Misultin EOL

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Sat Feb 18 21:19:44 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Steve Vinoski <vinoski@REDACTED> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 6:18 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@REDACTED> wrote:
>> In python world we have WSGI that define a common spec to interface
>> Python application with the web.
>
> Something like this, EWGI, was built a few years ago, but never seemed
> to go anywhere:
>
> https://github.com/skarab/ewgi

The problem with this project IMO is that it isn't a spec -- it's a
library. The success of WSGI is that it's a duck typed protocol -- you
don't need to download anyone's code to use it.

IIRC the prime directive of the WSGI design was to make it easy to
build clients, servers, and middleware. It worked out well I think.

Garrett