[erlang-questions] Thoughts on EHE - the PHP killer

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Sat Feb 18 18:21:22 CET 2012

On 18 Feb 2012, at 17:33, Matti Oinas wrote:

> Xmerl could be used to parse these templates if only XHTML would be supported. We could also easily validate these templates for correct markup using XML validators.

Like I wrote, there is an unreleased version of xmerl_sax_parser with a 'html' mode, which handles most of the usual HTML badness (i.e. non-well-formed XML).

I would like to suggest that the OTP team release it. It doesn't have to be perfect. When parsing html, there is no such thing as perfect.

There is also the yaws_html module, which I admit that I've never used.

BR,
Ulf W