[erlang-questions] Misultin EOL

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Fri Feb 17 23:33:17 CET 2012

On 17 February 2012 15:06, Steve Vinoski <vinoski@REDACTED> wrote:

> Very true, Ulf. And we'll get you that webmachine support soon.

I'll jump on YAWS in a second, once that webmachine support is available.
YAWS maturity is a big selling point for me. Most of the time, I don't want
to think about generating HTML. Most of the web applications we've built at
work are RESTful web services, which serve up either XML, JSON or both.
None of them actually serve web pages - we have static HTML/Javascript
content served up by nginx in front of Mochiweb/Misultin that makes ajax
calls to the back end. Another feature that we rely on is streaming (or
chunking) the response back to the client, which YAWS appears to do very
nicely.

I'd still really like it if all these applications had a consistent API
though. One thing I really appreciate about YAWS and Cowboy is that they
both avoid parameterised modules. Not that I care one way or the other
about whether parameterised modules are good or bad TBH, just that they're
not officially supported and that puts me off.