[erlang-questions] Misultin EOL

Andrew Berman rexxe98@REDACTED
Fri Feb 17 22:46:42 CET 2012

I want to applaud you Roberto on stepping away from Misultin like this.
 Far too often I see duplication of efforts of libraries simply because
someone saw some functionality lacking in a library.  My biggest gripe
these days is with JavaScript libraries.  It's almost like every day a new
MV* library comes out which almost replicates something like Backbone or
Knockout or whatever library.  My thought has always been that instead of
creating a new one, how about helping out on an existing one to fill in the
holes or to improve upon it.  It's simply mind-blowing how many JavaScript
MV* libraries there are.  I, like you, switched to Cowboy based on the
Webmachine-like adapter they just added.  I think it's MUCH better to have
two solid libraries (e.g. yaws and cowboy) which are supported by the
community-at-large rather than a fragmented set of tools which have little
to no support and this is why I think you have done the right thing.  I
want to thank you for Misultin, I sure learned a lot from the code.

--Andrew