[erlang-questions] Starting erl with unicode hostname

Vinod H G vinodhg@REDACTED
Thu Feb 16 06:04:32 CET 2012

IDNA encoded hostname works perfectly fine. Thanks Dmitry.

Unicode is not a standard in hostname but windows supports it giving
warning. Just wanted to know whether Erlang also supports it.
Thanks for the info.

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 1:05 PM, dmitry kolesnikov
<dmkolesnikov@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Have you tried IDNA encoding instead of Unicode?
>
> Best Regards,
> Dmitry >-|-|-*>
>

> On 13.2.2012, at 8.16, Vinod H G <vinodhg@REDACTED> wrote:
>
>> I agree hostname is an atom, but os hostname may have unicode right.
>>
>> Ex:
>>
>> 'host_with_ë_or_â'
>>
>> erl -name 'node@REDACTEDë_or_â'
>> or
>> erl -sname node
>>
>> These will give invalid node name error.
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Michael Uvarov <freeakk@REDACTED> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hostname is an atom.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Thanks & Regards,