[erlang-questions] Compile Erlang as standalone

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Wed Feb 15 23:53:00 CET 2012

A *release* will contain the erts libraries for the machine on which is was
built. If you're all working in a common environment, the easiest thing to
do is generate a release (which IIRC the maven-erlang-plugin does nicely)
and have this pushed into your artefact repository (Nexus or equivalent).
Providing the release is configured to include erts then the dependency,
once pulled/installed into the users local .m2 repository is effectively
standalone (and can be used in integration tests, for example, using the
maven-failsafe-plugin).

We had to do some jiggery-pokery with the maven-assembly-plugin to get this
working, but I suspect the maven-erlang-plugin might have moved on since
then (and I've not looked at that bit of the build for a long while, as
I've since moved a lot of stuff to rebar + rebar_dist_plugin and a custom
script which deploys the 'artefacts' to nexus by hand using the REST api).

Not really sure (from the sounds of things) if that's what you're looking
for, but I think it's as close as you're likely to get to not needing an
Erlang install. Of course it'll fail miserably if your developers work
across multiple os/architectures.