[erlang-questions] Compile Erlang as standalone

Matthew Evans mattevans123@REDACTED
Wed Feb 15 17:39:46 CET 2012

Hi,
We have a situation where we are using Maven as a project management system for Java, Erlang and C.
I would like to allow the Java and C developers to do a build of the whole system including the Erlang sources.
Can they do that without downloading and installing Erlang? In other-words can "erlc" be made into a standalone library (it seems like erlc needs erl)?
NOTE: They will not need to build the Erlang/OTP modules, just the private modules used in the project.
Matt