[erlang-questions] Erlang on ARM

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Mon Feb 13 00:19:39 CET 2012

On 02/13/12 00:58, Richard O'Keefe wrote:
> One of my colleagues has made his information retrieval search engine run on
> an Android phone, and we're looking at getting some BeagleBones to play with.
> I was wondering about running Erlang on them.  I understand that HiPE on ARM
> is no problem these days.  Are there any problems I should know about?

I am not aware of any problems of HiPE on the ARM, but then again, we do
not have any ARM handy as a development machine and we do not actively
test this particular backend. If you do run into any problem let us
know. Even more importantly, if all goes well, a follow up mail here
describing your experiences with it will be nice to have.

Kostis