[erlang-questions] The future of Erlang and BEAM

Radek poprosturadek@REDACTED
Sat Feb 11 17:22:40 CET 2012

Well, that's a good point. But it also shows that there is place for
improvement. Because, it would be really come in handy when one could
write correct, highly-concurrent, callback-free code (Erlang), using his
favourite libraries/frameworks (Java) on a platform that his company
uses (JVM).

Like I said, I like Erlang. This is the reason why I left Java etc, just
because it's not nice to write something that has to be concurrent and
(mainly at least) correct, not to mention development time (which is
usually shorter in Java). But I sometimes think that we could make one
step more and, as I would call it, join efforts (with JVM community, so
to speak).

Greetings,
Radek