[erlang-questions] The future of Erlang and BEAM

Radek poprosturadek@REDACTED
Sat Feb 11 13:52:05 CET 2012

Hi Gleb,

Yes, I've seen it already. But I'm not sure if it's exactly what I meant.
I rather thought about making something like a framework which would
emphasize concurrency, fault-tolerance, etc. and implement Erlang as a
DSL just to operate on it.

Kresten (author of Erjang) did a great job but took (as I understand it;
I may be wrong) little different option and "translated" C code to Java,
made .beam files possible to be loaded on JVN thus making it capable of
running Erlang code.

By making a special framework and Erlang-as-DSL to operate on it, we
could then use normal Erlang tools without many downsides of them (for
example, we could always rely on messages because of no copy-on-send
penalty, use more data structures apart from just lists and tuples, and
so on).

Of course, I'd like to repeat that I'm not an Erlang-master nor skilled
in language design etc so my ideas can be just wrong.

Greetings,
Radek